Our in-person Applicants’ Day is back! Come see our modern riverside campus and meet our amazing staff and students on Saturday 7th of May 2022! On this day, you will be able to explore our state-of-the-art facilities and get a taste of student life at RGU.
The event is open to applicants who have applied for undergraduate courses, or those considering applying for September 2022.
Please note all the following images were taken pre-pandemic.
1. Browse our Info Hub
Even though the view of our campus from outside will take your breathe away, you should probably head inside to learn more about the services available at RGU! You will find information on a wide range of subjects at our Info Hub. Located in the Sir Ian Wood Building, it is an obligatory stop for every prospective students.
Here are some of the services you can learn more about:
- Admissions. Whether you already applied to RGU or not, if you have any queries about the application process, this will be an opportunity to get some answers to your questions.
- Student Finance. This will be your chance to learn more about SAAS funding.
- Student Accommodation and RESLife. We know that finding a place to live can be very stressful when starting university. That’s why our Applicants’ Days are a golden opportunity to learn more about our halls and obtain some advice. You can also gain more information about our RESLife team who supports our students in RGU accommodation and in a number of private halls.
- RGU:Union. What is university without an exciting social environment? RGU:Union is run by our students and provides a wide range of services and opportunities to get involved in. From joining a sports team or a society, to volunteering or simply socialising with peers, learn more about the vibrant student life at RGU.
- RGU Sport. You will also have the chance to learn more about our sports clubs and facilities.
- The Inclusion Centre. Learn more about what our Inclusion Centre can provide such as exam arrangements, dyslexia screening, mental health support and more.
- Employability and Professional Enrichment. Find out more about RGU’s industry links, career support, as well as placements and study abroad opportunities.
Consult the Applicants’ Day timetable for more information on our Info Hub.
2. Meet our current students
There is no better way to get a grasp of what life is like at RGU than hearing it from our current students! You will have the chance to meet them in the Sir Ian Wood Building Concourse where they will be running a variety of hands-on activities. For these events, the amphitheatre will be transformed into a Science and Tech Zone. Take part in one of the following activities:
- Create rainbow worms.
- Inked fingerprinting.
- Interact with Engineering student projects.
- Programme Lego robots.
- Take part and see if our robot can solve a Rubik’s Cube.
3. Go on a Campus Tour
The purpose of our Applicants’ Days is not only to learn more about life at RGU but also to visit our riverside campus. Our Garthdee Campus is surrounded by a wonderfully spacious parkland where nature meets modern architecture. The surroundings provide a stunning backdrop for study and leisure.
You will find the meeting point for our Campus Tours in the amphitheatre in the Sir Ian Wood Building.
The tours are carried out by RGU students and will take you around campus in 45 minutes. During this time, you will be able to observe the Library, RGU Sport, our different schools’ buildings, the River Dee and also visit our Clinical Skills Centre, where a lot of our practical learning takes place.
Keep an eye out for beautiful photo spots while on your tour so that you can share your RGU experience on social media! Our Rainbow Steps are very popular for students wanting to pose for Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us in your photos @robertgordonuni.
4. Attend our course-related events
If you have already applied for a specific course or if you are interested in a certain subject, you should come along to some of our different schools’ talks and workshops. These events will be an opportunity to be introduced to a variety of courses, engage in Q&As, meet the course leaders and participate in interactive activities with our state-of-the-art equipment.
Head over to the Aberdeen Business School building to learn more about courses from the following schools:
- Aberdeen Business School
- School of Creative and Cultural Business
- Law School
Make your way to the Sir Ian Wood Building if you want to learn more about the following courses:
- School of Pharmacy and Life Sciences
- School of Computing
- The Scott Sutherland School of Architecture and Built Environment
- School of Engineering
- School of Applied Social Studies
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedic Practice
Finally, visit Gray’s School of Art for more information on the school’s courses.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with our Applicants’ Days by following RGU on Instagram and Facebook. For more information about activities, please refer to your timetable. You will also find details on getting to campus, food and drinks options, a map, and more.
We are looking forward to seeing you there!