The Aberdeen Winter Festival is due to begin this month! For the past few years this festival has been so successful that this year they have added lots of different events and activities. The idea behind the event is to create a winter wonderland right within the city centre. Here is what you can expect to see at the festival this year:
Aberdeen Christmas Village Market – Union Terrace Gardens
• Twelve days of Christmas wooden sculpture trail – Thursday 24 November
• Christmas tree maze – Friday 25 November
• Market stalls – Friday 25 November
• Funfair – Friday 25 November
• Ice rink – Friday 25 November
• Trinity Mall Santa Parade – Sunday 27 November (Union Street)
• Christmas Lights Switch On Parade – Sunday 27 November (union street)
• Nativity scene – Monday 28 November (St Nicholas Kirkyard)
• Carol concerts – Saturday 17 December (David Welch Winter Gardens, Duthie Park)
• Friends of Hazlehead Winter Wonderland – Sunday 18 December (Hazlehead Park)
• Hogmanay Celebrations – Saturday 31 December (Schoolhill and HMT)
Aberdeen City have really put their all into this year’s festival spending around £400,000. I am so excited about the festival this year, it really brings the festive spirit to Aberdeen. If you fancy a small break from studying there’s plenty to do so if you fancy going ice skating or getting a hot chocolate with some delicious churros I suggest heading to the market this year!
If you are interested in attending the events this year, have a look at the website for more information.
P.s there will be loads of events going on for students during Christmas at RGU also! Keep an eye out over the next month and see if there is anything you fancy!